Senior Manager, Security Operations Configuration Management & Encryption Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, US
- You will work within our Information Security team, play a key role in the identification, assessment, prioritization and remediation processes of cyber security risks and vulnerabilities
- Develops and drives adoption of best practice security process for initial code development, productization, system architectures, system integration and data storage
- You will evaluate cyber security threats, risk, vulnerabilities and processes to figure out relative risk to the product, system and organization
- Applies knowledge of controls, threats, vulnerabilities, risk and technical systems to build strategic planning and roadmaps to harden systems and close vulnerabilities
- Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements.
- You will analyze changes to product specifications to figure out the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control.
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation.
- You will operate configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, align with standard configurations, and are logistically balanced.
- You will work with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.)
- Good technical and incident response background in cybersecurity.
- 10 years of experience with 5+ years in Information Security
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and respond to cyber security threats/incidents.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined incident response teams /incident command experience. Demonstrated ability to develop and run incident response and cyber investigation processes and runbooks.
- Experience within data security and information security, including encryption, access control, cryptographic key management, and PKI life cycle management
- In depth knowledge of encryption use cases and hands-on experience establishing an enterprise encryption infrastructure with at least one leading encryption product (such as Vormetric)
- In depth knowledge of key and certificate use cases and hands on experience establishing an enterprise key and certificate management infrastructure with at least one leading certificate management product (such as Venafi)
- Deep understanding of data-at-rest and data-in-transit encryption techniques and methodologies, including database, file, disk encryption, as well as TLS, SSH, etc.
- Familiarity with networks, firewalls, IDS/IPS, and end point security
- Familiarity with popular databases on both windows and UNIX platforms, including Oracle and MS SQL
- Familiarity with common identity, authentication, and directory services, such as Active Directory and LDAP
- Familiarity with change management and deployment processes in large IT organizations
- BA/BS in information technology or related field or significant industry work experience
- Experience designing and implementing distributed architectures
- Demonstrated, hands on experience setting up Hardware Security Module (HSM) appliances, such as Thales or Gemalto HSMs
- Hands on experience setting up Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) with one of the leading products, such as Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services
- Hands on experience installing and configuring popular databases on both windows and UNIX platforms, including Oracle and MS SQL
- Hands on experience with DevOps and cloud infrastructure security
- CISPP or equivalent certification a plus
- 8 or more years cyber security engineering experience
- Experience in at least one, and preferably two or more, organizations in a Cyber Security Engineering role
- Prior experience leading multi-disciplined incident response teams / incident command experience.
- Familiarity with developing and running incident response and cyber investigation processes and runbooks.
- Evaluates cyber security threats, risk, vulnerabilities and processes to determine relative risk to the product, system and organization.
- Direct cyber fraud investigation and response experience (or cyber operations within a financial services environment that includes fraud-related cases).
- Experience with one or more of the following cyber security domain areas: data level encryption, key management systems, web certifications, Incident response and management, application awareness, identity awareness, identity and access management, Data handling and classification, web application firewalls, next gen firewalls, network zoning and segmentation, cyber resiliency, secure coding, fraud investigation and response, multi-factor authentication, identity and access management, DLP, forensics, BCP/DR, STIGs, security within SDLC
- Experience in threat intelligence and persistent threat management, incident response and/or crisis management
- Information Security vulnerability management experience; ideally with code, application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Information Security controls experience with NIST CSF, NIST SP 800-53, FISMA, ISO 27001 or COBIT or other applicable control frameworks
- Certifications a Plus: CISSP, CEH, SANS/GIAC, Sec+, CASP or similar professional certifications
- Bachelor's degree in information/Cyber Security, Information Risk, Information Risk Management
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, Computer Science, Information Management or similar four year technical degree combined with one or more of the following and active CISSP, CISM or CISA certificate
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military