Senior Printed Circuit Designer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a pioneer in the design, production and support of innovative solutions for our customers in aerospace and defense. Our expertise in flightdeck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management and simulation and training is strengthened by our global service and support network spanning 27 countries. Working together, our global team of nearly 20,000 employees shares a vision to create the most trusted source of communication and aviation electronics solutions.
Collins Aerospace is currently seeking a Senior Printed Circuit Designer. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background designing high reliability Printed Circuit Boards per engineering requirements. Experience with highly complex highspeed digital designs and power supplies are required; analog circuits, RF circuits and flex circuits preferred. The candidate must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to problem solve independently.
- Prepare complex PC Design layouts, revisions or CAD library symbols per verbal instructions, electrical inputs, existing hardware or engineering lab models, received from both mechanical and electrical engineering and/or other technical support personnel to create highly complex circuit card assemblies incorporating Collins Aerospace best practice for fabrication, assembly and testability.
- Interface and troubleshoot printed circuit designs, revisions and CAD library symbols with Manufacturing, Engineering and PWB fabrication vendors. Applicants must be able to mentor and coach junior level designers.
- Proficient in Mentor EE7 schematic capture tool and Zuken CR5000 design capture tool, extensive use and knowledge of Auto Router tools and PCB design simulation (e.g. EMI signal integrity, thermal, signal analysis and design assembly and fabrication rules).
- Experience with Mentor PCB design tools desired
- Strong understanding of Electronic Hardware design
- Functional knowledge of IPC standards for Design and Acceptance Criteria of Printed Circuit and/or Circuit Card Assembly levels, knowledge of Collins Aerospace Workmanship Standards a plus.
- Demonstrated technical problem solving aptitude
- Exceptional communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong Customer Service orientation, to work with Design Engineering Customers
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work
- General ability to apply proper customer focused presence when interacting with internal customers
- Demonstrated ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures
- Ability to support overtime as requested/required.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to continually learn new technologies and processes.
- Must have a passion for accuracy and customer service
- Associate's degree in Engineering/Technology, and nine years of related experience, or, in the absence of an associate's degree, twelve years of related experience.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card) required
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military