Senior RF Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Richardson, TX 75082-2402, US
Our growing department is looking for a motivated, confident and experienced leader to enable our Mission Systems team create airborne, ground and maritime products and systems that make our war-fighters more effective and safer. If you are enthusiastic about this mission, we want you on our team.
The Collins Aerospace RF and Integration team is looking for a dynamic Senior level RF Systems Engineer to perform product line and program engineering tasks related to the requirements capture, design, analysis, test and certification of products and systems for applications in electronic warfare and strategic communications. The responsibilities will also include project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design. Design responsibilities will have a special emphasis on the hardware and system architecture. Engineering duties will span the entire product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, factory transition and support of fielded systems.
- Technically plan, execute and manage their project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
- Develop platform use cases based on customer concept of operations (CONOPS) through regular customer interaction
- Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
- Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership and customers
- Develop hardware and systems requirements based on product, system level and customer requirements
- Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost and Size, Weight and Power (SWaP)
- Test and verify designs that meet documented requirements
- Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to Government standards
- Lead early project risk identification, mitigation and escalation
- Adherence to and support of the Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
- Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
- Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
- Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements derivation, design, development, integration, validation/verification and sustainment
- Comprehensive knowledge of RF systems design including Receiver/Exciter architecture, Transmission Lines, Antennas, filters and Electromagnetic theory
- In-depth knowledge of high frequency test and advanced RF System troubleshooting
- Domain experience in link budget analysis and RF propagation physics
- Knowledge of modulation schemes, frequency planning and RF development tools
- Well versed in communicating and interpreting technical information
- Experience with configuration management tools and processes
- Proven technical leadership of small technical teams
- Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
- Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Strong background and/or knowledge of Electronic Warfare Signal Analysis and Design
- Microwave RF circuit design expertise
- Experience in VLF/LF/HF highly desirable
- Factory transition planning and support
- Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
- Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Highly proficient in earned value management techniques and philosophy
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military