Senior Systems Engineer - Mission Systems Strategic Programs Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Staff Systems Engineer to join the SEIT (System Engineering Integration and Test) team as we support the Mission System's Strategic Programs. Candidates should have a firm grasp of system engineering and the very knowledgeable of the architecture they currently work on. Looking for candidates that are targeting a future architect or chief system engineer role and would like to grow their skills along that career path. Candidates should be capable of solving moderately complex design problems as well as mentor less experienced engineers on systems engineering at a platform level. To do this the candidate should have a strong avionics experience and understand how different applications and LRUs interface together, the different functions in a traditional avionics system and how pilots use them. The role will be to work as part of the platform systems team and support our system architect by helping support all of the upcoming tests and design changes on the Platform Systems team for the program.
Critical skills necessary for this role include:
- Proven track record of executing complex programs
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced engineers
- Understanding of Collins products used in traditional avionic systems
- Strong knowledge of at least one Collins architecture used on a platforms
- Experience in creating design changes to moderately complex problems
- Experience in executing platform systems tests
- Experience working systems on Pro Line Fusion architectures
- Strong understanding of situational awareness products (TCAS, TAWS, SVS, SMS)
- Strong understanding of communication products (VHF, HF, IFF, RTSA, MRTSA, SATCOM)
- Agile development processes
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Change Management processes and tools
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military