Senior Systems Engineer - Pro Line Fusion & 21 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
United Technologies Corporation
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Sr Systems Engineer - Pro Line Fusion & 21 to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Senior Systems Engineer responsible for Commercial Avionics systems development. Join our highly motivated team of engineers designing industry-leading integrated avionics flight decks for business, regional, and air-transport aircraft to support system engineering activities associated with Pro Line Fusion and Pro Line 21 avionics systems. The Pro Line Fusion system employs Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) architectures hosting application software performing a variety of functions: flight controls, flight management, radio tuning, and onboard maintenance. The Pro Line 21 system is a highly federated system that interfaces seamlessly with the Pro Line Fusion applications.
The systems engineering tasks include capturing and defining stakeholder requirements, system interconnect/interface design, coordination with design engineering and the customer, integration testing, and customer integration support. The candidate will also be responsible for providing direction, coordination, and control of assigned systems projects, including management of specific work packages for scope, cost, and schedule in accordance with established systems engineering processes.
Additional activities may include:
- Working with subsystem/domains to define and agree upon detailed requirements
- Integration of applications with IMA platform hardware/software and with the complete avionics system
- Engineering estimates preparation
- System testing and completion of certification documentation
- System architectural modeling, performance analysis and technical reporting
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- The candidate should possess a background in systems, software or hardware engineering, along with experience in system interface design.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized and able to communicate effectively with other engineers, leadership and customers.
- A background in aerospace, aviation and/or avionics is highly desirable but not an absolute necessity.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
- Involvement in a complex aerospace/aviation systems or subsystems development
- Knowledge of commercial avionics system functionality
- Professional or recreational piloting experience
- Knowledge of JAMA, DOORS, TCP/IP, partitioned operating systems, and MS products
- Knowledge of the Pro Line 4, 21, Fusion and/or Air transport avionics systems
- Knowledge and understanding of aerospace recommended practices (DO-160, DO-178B, ARP-4754)
- Knowledge and experience working in an AGILE environment. Familiarity with JIRA and JAMA.
- Since the bulk of the work is for a Chinese aircraft OEM, the ability to speak Mandarin would be a unique and beneficial skill that should be noted in your application response.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military