Software Engineering Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85040, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position manages a large team of both experienced professionals and team leaders in Software Engineering. Establishes short to medium term objectives and goals for software engineering activities. Develops budget, prepares work schedules, establishes procedures, trains employees and assigns work.
• Trains, instructs, and provides technical guidance to employees to help them diagnose and solve problems and also build capabilities.
• Interfaces with functional departments in preparing work schedules to ensure coordination of activities.
• Develops budgets and estimates labor and material costs to ensure effectiveness of software engineering activities.
• Establishes procedures for addressing problems and makes recommendations to management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of software engineering activities.
• Assigns work and ensures that completed work meets established engineering and manufacturing schedules and satisfies customer requirements.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
• Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
• May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
• Includes control modeling (model based design).
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military