Speclalist, FP&A Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
If you want to help make our world a safer place - in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea - the ISR & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success. ISR & Space Systems Windsor Locks is looking for energetic and highly motivated candidates to help lead our Financial Planning & Analysis Organization.
Team Responsibilities include:
- Manage the Overhead and SG&A budgets for the WLOX and Houston Sites
- Perform variance analyses of key business drivers for performance vs. plan, forecast and prior year
- Prepare presentations to management highlighting key drivers of financial performance especially in the area of cost reduction
- Support the OMM budgeting process for developing the next year's plan
- Complete monthly and quarterly deliverables necessary to support senior management financial reviews
- Prepare rate analysis and support for base rates, fringe rates, absorption O/H rates and Forward Pricing Rates
- Participate in rate negotiations with the government
- Participate in special projects including process improvements aimed at improving efficiency and creating better alignment between the Houston and WLOX sites.
- 4 year degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline requirement.
- Minimum of 4+ years' related experience.
- Comfortable working with a diverse cross-functional team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills - teamwork, leadership skills, demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Solid analytical, communication, organization, coaching.
- Relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, and Contract Financial Management
- An understanding of FAR is a plus
- A working understanding of Government Contracts and negotiations are a plus.
- Systems Experience:
- SAP, Hyperion Financial Managment, Hyperion Planning, Advanced applications of Microsoft Office
- Note: This job may be considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. If so, the selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
- No Relocation.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military