Sr Configuration Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Orlando, FL 32826-2944, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Collins Aerospace Simulation and Training Solutions is seeking a configuration analyst to work in our Orlando, Florida location. The candidate should have experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) and be able to align its documented relationship to customized program CM Plans executed on simple, medium and complex programs. Knowledge of the CM System (CMS) major elements and their implementation throughout a program lifecycle is expected. The CMS elements are: CM management and planning, configuration identification, configuration change management, configuration status accounting, and configuration verification and audit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the CM System in accordance with contractual requirements and internal Collins CM System policy process and procedures
- Understanding and complying with company policy, processes and procedures adhering to product integrity requirements
- Support company future growth initiatives for bid and proposal CM tasks
- Author and maintain program and product configuration management plan(s)
- Develop/coordinate CM process and procedure changes with the quality organization
- Support internal and external ISO-9001:2015 Quality Management System audits
- Support Internal and external Capability Maturity Model Interface (CMMI) Assessments (CM Process Area)
- Work directly with the program team in a parallel developmental environment to ensure CM Plans are executed
- Perform Product Data Management (PDM) tool CM tasks for product configuration information releases
- Serve as a member of engineering review boards and configuration control boards (CCBs) to establish formal test baselines
- Utilize change management tools such as Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) JIRA, Crucible, A3T, or equivalent tools
- Utilize version control system tools such Open Source Subversion, Git, or equivalent
- Support release management strategies for process and tool capabilities in a parallel development environment
- Perform software baseline merge tasks in support of the programs test and evaluation phases
- Conduct procedures in support of the software build process followed by manual or automated media creation labelled per project requirements
- Prepare audit schedules and execute configuration verification and audits against established configuration items
- Support project peer reviews and analysis of product configuration information
- Create configuration status accounting records of all key CM activities performed throughout a program lifecycle
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-61A (SE), Configuration Management Guidance
- International Standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207:2017 Systems and software engineering - Software life cycle processes (Specifically clauses 6.3.5 (CM Processes) and 7.2.2 (Software CM Processes))
- International Standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 15289-2015 Systems and Software Engineering - Content of Lifecycle Information products
- IEEE Std 828-2012 IEEE Standard for Configuration Management in Systems and Software Engineering
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
- TechAmerica Standard EIA-649-B Configuration Management Standard (American National Standards Institute approved as ANSI/EIA 649-B-2011)
- SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for Development, V1.3
- NIST Special Publication 800-128, Guide for Security Focused Configuration Management of Information Systems
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the
appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>