Sr. Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chula Vista, CA 91910, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey? Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a seasoned professional in Manufacturing Engineering who works independently and in collaboration with other manufacturing design personnel. Analyzes designs and develops component layouts. Coordinates and implements sequence of operations, and product updates and enhancements.
- Works independently to perform activities related to planning and designing manufacturing processes and specification requirements to ensure full utilization of manufacturing equipment.
- Designs and plans the layout of assembly and materials handling operations.
- Analyzes machinery and equipment designs to ensure factory and production conditions are met.
- Coordinates and implements operations sequencing and specification procedures to optimize efficiency and quality in the fabrication of tools and equipment.
- Helps to support existing product line design activities and/or operational process modifications to help enhance products and processes and ensure that current and future business needs are met.
- Provides technical leadership and helps train lower level staff to diagnose and solve problems and build capabilities.
- Designs and plans layout for assembly and materials handling.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Plans sequence of operations and specification procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
- Provides guidance for engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be willing and capable of traveling up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or similar related field and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree in a Mechanical, Industrial or similar related field and 3 years of prior experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military