Sr Manager, Change Communications Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Farmington, CT 06032, US
Otis is currently at an inflection point. We are in the process of separating from United Technologies ("UTC") to become an independent company. We are in the middle of an exciting change journey. One that provides a significant opportunity for a change communications leader. If you are an exceptional communicator who thrives in a changing environment, we are interested in speaking with you.
This position will play a key role in driving and executing communications strategies to drive engagement, support adoption of new ways of working and sustain desired behavior resulting from implementation of change initiatives.This role will work closely with employees at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders across a variety of functions.
- Assess impact of change initiatives, identify and prioritize communication needs for affected stakeholder groups
- Design and implement communications strategy tailored to audience categories
- Develop communications and engagement plans and tactics to ensure successful implementation of the communication strategy
- Identify, maintain and optimize communication channels to facilitate effective regional and global communication delivery across the organization
- Champion the appropriate methodology, tools, techniques, platforms and processes across projects/programs to institutionalize clear strategic communications practices
- Manage implementation of strategic, program, and organizational communications to ensure quality, consistency, and alignment to brand standards, look and feel across all channels
- Partner closely with corporate communications, marketing, operations and other parts of the organization as required to achieve successful execution of communication
- Execute program-level reporting on all communications-supported projects , programs & initiatives and maintain visibility to key dates, decisions, milestones, and issues
- Maintain the library of brand templates and master communication artifacts
- Support communication needs of a network of program sponsors, change champions and people leaders
- Manage content development and review of communications for strategic, high visibility projects/programs and coordinate consistent messaging to enhance user experience
- Continuously explore and implement innovative communication methods , tools and techniques to enhance employee engagement
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- 8 years internal communications leadership experience within a large scale, global matrix organization
- 6 years of experience leading communication for large scale enterprise transformational projects
- Extensive experience in creating communications strategies that support change initiative and geared towards meeting business outcomes
- Practical experience in developing communication strategy, planning, content creation, delivery and measurement of communication effectiveness
- Experience working and influencing internal communication strategy either directly or indirectly in a global, matrix organization
- Practical experience applying the appropriate methods for measuring effectiveness of communication and engagement activities
- Track record of creatively writing for a variety audience groups and distributing through appropriate channels, driving readership
- Experience managing webpages, online or print newsletters and social media content to drive effectiveness of communication
- Experience drawing on interpersonal skills to achieve the communication objectives
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>