Sr. Manager, International Tax Rept/Compl Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, US
Is your personality defined by positivity, responsibility, integrity, accountability, and respect culminating in a strong work ethic?
We have an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individual to assume the role of Senior Manager of International Tax Reporting within the Tax organization. You will be responsible for the analysis and review of the international aspects of the global tax provision including non-US subsidiaries, intercompany transactions, and the accounting for the US implications of international operations. The organization offers opportunity to be part of a growing tax department and manage international tax reporting across the region.
Primary responsibilities include:
- ASC 740 reporting, including quarterly and year-end closings, as well as all requisite analyses, disclosures, and management communications
- Year-end closing process and provision to compliance integration
- Annual Tax Plan and quarterly reforecasts
- Effective tax rate and cash tax modeling
- ASC 740 review with external auditors
- ASC 740 process/software continuous improvement
- SOX controls/testing requirements relating to function
- You'll support Foreign Tax Credit Model & Memo - Forecast, Plan & Year-end Analysis
- Support APB 23 Analysis
- Support US international compliance processes and filings
Education / Certifications:
- Undergraduate in accounting and/or finance areas. Advanced tax degree and/or CPA preferred
- Experience with Longview and/or HFM software a plus
Experience / Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience with ASC 740 in a large, multinational, corporate tax or accounting firm environment
- Operative understanding of tax cycle from planning through audit
- Ability to understand complex tax concepts and apply those concepts to minimize taxes
- Ability to direct research and to implement complex tax planning strategies
- Understanding of the impact of taxes on the financial statements, and ability to combine tax and accounting knowledge to improve business results
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues, and recognize the need for and seeks out internal or external subject matter expertise
- Basic understanding of tax systems capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to communicate, collaborate, and collaborate with others throughout Finance organization
- Ability to understand, explain, and advocate complex tax accounting positions
- Ambitious, able to work independently and under pressure, i.e. sense of urgency
- Ability to motivate others to achieve stated objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good business sense and creative problem solving skills
- Passion for understanding processes and continuous process improvement
- Teamwork - desire to work with others and share responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>