Sr. Manager, Tax Project Management Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, US
Excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to assume the Senior Manager of Tax Project Management role within the Tax organization. This position works very closely with our tax planning group to drive and execute tax projects across the organization. You will be responsible for the successful implementation of tax planning projects from start to finish, including project qualification, feasibility, scoping, budgeting, design, implementation, and documentation. In addition to working with the Tax function, you will work with partners from across the Finance function, the business units and our external advisors. The organization offers opportunity to be part of a growing tax department and manage tax planning and strategy around the world.
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Primary responsibilities include:
- You'll build and update detailed project plans using MS Project or comparable project management software tool
- Handle scope and schedule changes through change control
- Apply the planning process and ensure project standards are followed
- You'll lead and facilitate effective status and review meetings. Publish meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordinate, document, and facilitate project working group meetings
- Handle and track project issues and decisions, including elevating as appropriate
- You'll maintain accurate metric reports and provide timely communication of project status and performance results
- Develop and maintain project documentation
- Develop relationships with key partners and team members to form a cohesive team
- Coordinate the review of legal agreements to ensure all revisions and versions are managed and controlled
- You'll develop and carry out communication plans to ensure project partners receive the right information at the right time and expectations are clearly understood
- Continually evaluate the planning process and utilize ACE tools and methodologies to drive process improvement
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Tax or related field)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of related accounting / finance experience
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, lead and execute multiple, complex projects with global partners
- Knowledge of ACE principles and concepts a plus
- Finance, Accounting and/or Tax experience a plus
- Good interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to communicate and collaborate across functions
- Good business sense and creative problem solving skills
- Ambitious, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Able to multitask and have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork - desire to work with others and share responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>