Staff Electrical Components Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Rockford, IL 61125, US
ISR Space Solutions Mission Systems in Rockford, IL is seeking talent to support our team. The Staff Electrical Components Engineer role will support design engineering in identification and qualification of electrical and mechanical components as well as Initiate and lead the efforts to identify and qualify second sources for material availability, cost reduction, reliability improvement purposes and component End-of-Life (EOL) management.
This role will support design engineering in identification and qualification of electrical and mechanical components as well as Initiate and lead the efforts to identify and qualify second sources for material availability, cost reduction, reliability improvement purposes and component End-of-Life (EOL) management.
The primary roles and responsibilities of this position are:
- Generate EEE component control plans
- Work closely with the program/project electrical design team to identify components compliant to the over-arching component plan
- Generate and submit PARS (Part Approval Requests) and NSPARS (Non Standard Part Approval Requests)
- Ensure purchased components and sub assemblies' are compliant to necessary environmental and safety standards, e.g. RoHS, REACH, UL, CE, CSA, ISO, IPC-A-610, Conflict Minerals, etc.
- Issue Engineering Change Requests and Change Orders
- Review and address Product Change Notices (PCN's) from component manufacturers
- Review and address Supplier Requests for Information (SRI's)
- Track notices and maintain database
- Track component lifecycles. Proactively identify and drive solutions to resolve End-of-life (EOL) and obsolete situations and minimize impacts
- Oversee and Manage the EOL team meetings and database
- Develop and execute reliability test plans for components
- Communicate to component manufacturers regarding component failures
- Drive component failure analysis and corrective actions to closure
- Focal point for Contract Manufacturing and Test Facilities for all technical component issues
- Understand component technology roadmaps/trends and present them to Design Engineering
- Mentor junior staff
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related field w / 7+ years component engineering experience
Aerospace industry experience preferred
*Experience / Qualifications
- Experience generating and submit PARS (Part Approval Requests) and NSPARS (Non Standard Part Approval Requests
- Proficiency to determine necessary DPA (Destructive Parts Analysis) requirements per customer specification
- Ability to work closely with the procurement team as well as with suppliers regarding all aspects of component procurement
- Fully understands Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) manufacturing processes, design, cables and harnesses and metal/plastic fabrication processes
- Understand the environments and requirements for both New Product Introduction (NPI) and volume manufacturing
- Familiarity with radiation and nuclear environments is a plus
This position requires a candidate with initiative, resourcefulness, project management skills, excellent written and oral communication capability and the willingness to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment, in support of principally Space and Military Customers.
Due to federal contract US Citizenship is required
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check and drug screen (every external new hire in the U.S.)
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with NASA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation SUBPART 1835.5 Drug- Free Workforce
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military