Staff Software Engineer - Advanced Manufacturing Technology Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0505, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
This Staff Software Engineer will join an Advanced Manufacturing Technology team to design and develop leading-edge manufacturing systems and applications. The ideal candidate will use an interdisciplinary approach focusing on user needs and requirements to design, develop, and test advanced manufacturing applications and systems ranging from straight forward to highly complex. You will be expected to serve as an architect and to apply a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach in the construction, analysis, and management of industry-leading manufacturing systems. You will work with a team that champions modern systems design and application lifecycle management. You will use your independent judgment skills to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities. You will perform engineering in all life-cycle phases, working closely with manufacturing leadership, interfacing with industry experts, engaging with users, and working closely with application development team members. You will be expected to work independently and in a team environment to perform multiple tasks as well as work with a variety of systems, application development, and test tools. You should be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated, and contribute to a positive work environment. Come help us design, create, and support industry-recognized manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide significant domain knowledge of manufacturing systems
- Perform requirements capture analysis and system architecture and design for complex, advanced manufacturing systems
- Lead technical project proposal preparation and serve as subject matter expert in manufacturing system reviews
- Develop functional, interface, and performance specifications for application development
- Identify and document architecturally significant requirements and technical risk areas
- Serve as the test lead in integration, verification, and validation of advanced manufacturing systems and sub-systems of moderate to high complexity
- Support the application development team as they design, create, integrate, test, and support complex, enterprise-level software
- Provide training and mentorship for less-seasoned engineers
- Help identify changes to processes and procedures that improve quality and efficiency
- Investigate and adopt latest system development environments, tools, and best practices
- Ability to lead all phases of system engineering, including: requirements capture, system modeling, analysis, and architectural design
- Ability to support all phases of application lifecycle development including: software design, code development, integration and test, documentation, and training
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and within a global development team
Candidates for this role should possess a STEM Bachelor's degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- Experience with requirements capture and systems modeling
- Experience with Scaled Agile Development environments
- Familiarity with modern programming languages: Python, C#, or Java
- Familiarity with databases: MS SQL, Oracle, or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with: Windows Presentation Foundation, .NET Framework, Django REST Framework, Angular JS Framework, HTML CSS, or Docker Platform
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military