Staff Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Danbury, CT 06810, US
We are looking for a STAFF SYSTEMS ENGINEER for our Danbury, CT facility to:
- Provide systems engineering for the integration of existing and new electrical and electro-optical UTAS systems with customer platforms
- Develop & maintain requirements based on customer platform interface definitions and System Performance Requirements
- Perform allocation and decomposition of requirements amongst multiple disciplines (Software, Electrical, etc.)
- Develop requirements for the implementation and verification of embedded software solutions to enable system integration
- Support the development of next generation electro-optical and survivability systems to meet customer mission needs
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
- 5+ years' experience in systems architecture development/support, requirements development and implementation.
- Experience with U.S. armed forces airborne and ground vehicle command and data interfaces and common protocols is strongly desired.
- Systems engineering on distributed embedded hardware and software systems
- Ability to execute on cross-functional requirements development
- System & design validation experience
- Verification development & support
- SysML/UML experience preferred
- Knowledge of system performance modeling/simulation approaches and associated tools
- Experience and ability in the preparation of technical reports and presentations
- Requirements Management systems; DOORS preferred
- RTCA DO-178 & DO-254 experience desireable
- Protocol experience desireable: Gigabit Ethernet, MIL-STD 1553, CAN bus, I2C
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military