Staff Technician, Drafting Services/Product Definition Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Pratt & Whitney
Aguadilla, PR 00603, US
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
We have an exciting new opening for a Staff Technician Drafting Services in Aguadilla Puerto Rico.
Plans, lays-out, draws, and revises detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, references, and data. Completes details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices using computer aided design systems. Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference datums, center and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning. Prepares complete production detail drawings. Develops design drawings according to engineering sketches and proposal specifications. Includes classifications normally populated by non-degreed personnel.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of complex electronic circuits for safety critical applications.
- Layout of Printer Wiring Board (PWB) with component placement and interconnection of electrical circuits for optimal electrical, thermal, structural and mechanical performance.
- Create, document and generate require drawing and electronic outputs for the fabrication and manufacturing of the PWB.
- Provide support for investigation of engineering changes.
- Creating new drawings per Design/Drafting inputs.
- Marking and implementing changes to engineering drawings.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
High School diploma plus additional broad specialized training equal to two (2) years of technical college education or Drafting Technical Certification.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 6 years of related experience in d rafting Services/product definition
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- A working knowledge in the Cadence Allegro tool Suite
- Work in team environment.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Experience in PWB design and layout
- Experience in the design of motor drives and similar high voltage applications
- Working knowledge of skill and scripting for Cadence Software
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military