Supplier Quality Engineer - European Role Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV10 6QJ, United Kingdom
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
This position is for a Quality Engineering professional who will work as an individual contributor to manage objectives that have a significant impact on the area of responsibility. This individual will be responsible & leading Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to resolve quality issues impacting the organization's operation sites as well as customers. Also responsible for driving long term systematic quality improvement in the supply base via Collins' Zero Defect initiative
- Maintain quality oversight for a portfolio of suppliers producing product in support of Collins Aerospace Power & Controls business unit
- Evaluate & drive root cause and corrective action in alignment with the 8D process with suppliers on product deemed non-conforming
- Participate & lead critical supplier quality investigations while reporting out on investigation status & path to closure to the Collins executive leadership team
- Participate and drive Collins Zero Defect Initiative for critical suppliers to the Power & Controls business unit including identification of key activities and establishing a plan for execution
- Auditing & assessment of supplier's Zero Defect Plans to ensure robust detection and quality control actions as well as validate applicable read across
- Coordinate & participate in Manufacturing Process Reviews of critical products
- Develop schedule for & drive closure on PFMEA reviews, statistical FAIs, engineering change validation, UPPAP, etc.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
- Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product; Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
- Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
- Collaborates with Collins Program Quality to ensure customer requirements are met within the supply base
- Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree or an Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Prior experience working in Aerospace or Automotive industry with exposure to Manufacturing of components and quality process/procedure in managing activities to produce hardware.
- Experience working in Quality and a basic foundation knowledge of root cause corrective action, geometrical dimension tolerance and the ability to read blue prints, etc.
- Detail orientated with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- This role is for a remote candidate located in Europe & able to travel within the continent and occasionally to the Middle East (Israel)
- Travel will be approximately 30-40%
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>