TASE Applications Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aftermarket & Service
Hood River, OR 97031, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
The Applications Engineer position is responsible for providing Technical Support for multiple TASE product lines to external customer and to tightly integrated cross-functional product teams internally.
- Support customers in overall usage of Cloud Caps TASE products gimbals including but not limited to general technical support, RMA generation, demo and trade show preparation, field repairs, integrations, flight tests, and pre-deployment ramp for government contracts.
- Provide resolution of technical problems with Cloud Cap products to both internal and external customers
- Represent Cloud Cap technically at customers or potential customers. Provide instruction and conduct demonstrations.
- Coordinate the resolution of product problems and respond to customer inquiries for assigned program(s) in a timely manner.
- Prepare and conduct product operational and maintenance training.
- Provide Manufacturing, Design Engineering, NBD and Service Center support on technical issues.
AA/AS with 10+ years experience in sensing systems for manned and unmanned Arial systems, or BA/BS with 7+ years TASE systems or similar system level trouble shooting, and EO/IR sensor specific experience.
Experience / Qualifications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Use basic hand tools and test equipment efficiently
- Ability to work long hours outdoor and in a Lab environment
- Ability to work in extreme climates hot and cold
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military