Technical Infrastructure Project Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charlotte, NC 28217, US
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today! Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position is for a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in IT Infrastructure issues who helps to manage IT infrastructure projects, document IT infrastructure issues, and guide the installation of software and hardware. Helps to assess infrastructure changes, conduct network interface planning, and develop new applications and hardware resource availability plans.
• Delivers program (projects) within defined scope, schedule and cost metrics.
• Demonstrates an influential relationship measured by business and IT feedback.
• Coordinates resources, inter dependencies, risks and issues among programs to achieve Program Objectives.
• Coordinates planning and execution of multiple, complex work streams within the program.
• Partners with business and IT stakeholders at the program Sponsor, Steering and Advisory levels.
• Earns credibility by demonstrating flexibility; change advocacy, and positive motivation.
• Engages in developing awareness and understanding of agile methodology to ensure synergy of plans and inter dependencies of technology deliverables.
• Possess the ability to create a culture of teamwork & collaboration, honest & open communication, and an environment of transparency & trust.
• Prepares and presents clear, concise, and timely communication; a strength to right-size the message to the audience.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
• Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
• Use and continually develop leadership skills
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
• Experience running projects using AGILE methodology
• The ability to work cross functionally to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations and priorities.
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with customer service focus with exceptional attention to detail, organized and self-starter.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Energetic and have an excellent work ethic
• Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
• High technical understanding as it relates to Server Architecture; Wintel, Linux, VMware ESXI, Storage and Backups
• Understanding of Hosting (Azure, AWS)
• Use best practice risk management to ensure compliance
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
• Monitor and manage project processes to ensure any failures are remedied
• Experience managing change
• Merger and acquisition experience
• Ability to thrive in a technically complex and fast changing environment
• Ability to respond calmly and rationally to changes in deadlines and new directions
• Good team player
• Determination and focus to drive projects to completion
• Strong Vendor Management experience
• Clear decision making with the ability to access the situation and when to escalate issues
• Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
• Experience with manufacturing and distribution operation companies
• PMP certification
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military