Technical Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aftermarket & Service
Pittsford, NY 14534, US
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
The Fire and Security Products group at Carrier develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems and mobile applications, fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors, and fire suppression systems . Among its leading brands are LenelS2, Interlogix, Supra, Onity, Kidde, Fenwal, and Marioff offering robust security and life safety systems, affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions, and fire safely equipment and systems.
LenelS2 is seeking motivated candidates to join our Managed Services team in the role of Technical Project Engineer (TPE). The Managed Services group provides system optimization and technical advisement services for critical access and safety systems. We serve top Fortune 100 companies to provide trusted, innovative, and advanced proactive maintenance and diagnostic services focused on ensuring the OnGuard security system is running at peak performance. The TPE position reports to the Manager of LenelS2 Managed Services and works directly with the Value Added Reseller and System User, as well as members of various departments within LenelS2 including but not limited to Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Learning Solutions, and Advanced Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A candidate for this position will be responsible for technical advisement, system design and evaluation, project management, and advanced system configurations to assist our OnGuard customer base. Assignments vary depending on customer requirements, and include but are not limited to:
- Subject matter expert for OnGuard related projects
- Host and lead technical advisement calls and call agenda
- Troubleshoot OnGuard security system issues
- Provide software and database expertise to customer and VAR project resources
- Provide reporting on system progress and set action items
- System design and planning
- Develop and implement system maintenance strategies
- Evaluate, optimize, and develop access control business processes
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combinations of documented experience and skills
- Technical Certification or Degree preferred, but not required
- 5+ years security industry experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure configuration and deployment; SQL and application services
- Strong background in providing technical solutions; ability to provide project leadership and
manage issues to a successful resolution
- Proficiency in SQL database administration
- Technical project management experience
- Strong technical and customer service skills
- Mental attitude that "anything" is possible
- A self- driven individual
- You have demonstrated success in managing projects
- Ability to develop strong, long-term customer relationships
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate with all organizational levels
- Ability to adapt quickly to supported technologies
- Able to meet travel requirements (1 week per quarter visit to customer site)
- Familiarity with OnGuard access control security software
- Strong skillset with Microsoft Azure cloud technology
- Windows Server knowledge or certifications
- Network planning and design knowledge or certifications
- VMWare / Server Virtualization
- SQL knowledge or certifications
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>