Technical Services Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aftermarket & Service
AUSTIN, TX 78731, US
- Assists customers by providing support and troubleshooting of all Sensitech product, services and solutions
- Research, respond and resolving various customer inquiries received via telephone, e-mail, voice-mail and ticketing system in a timely manner
- Learn and master specific company products, their technical requirements and modes/methods of operation - as per the product matrix.
- Communicate with end user at their level of expertise to solve problems via face to face interaction, telephone, remote pc applications and/or e-mail
- Maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction while following Sensitech policies, procedures, and warranties
- Manage coordination of Technical Service Case Management processes using global ERP system
- Review existing procedures (Work Instructions) to ensure compliance with current practice and Sensitech's Quality System
- Collaborate with internal sales representatives, Analysts, Program Managers, Engineering, C3 and other support members to ensure that customer issues are resolved appropriately. Provide necessary guidance and recommendations to the internal customers to avoid technical issues
- Conduct Hardware evaluation of electronics and created/provide evaluation report to the customer
- Log and track support calls in the designated ERP and ticketing system(s), prioritize and escalate jobs as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify trends in the support calls and develop documentation (in combination with other support members) to address these most-often reported problems and issues. Notify management of increasing trends, unusual activity or repeated activity
- Brief customers as well as management on the status of current resolution efforts and attend daily/weekly meetings as requested or required
- Recommend means for product or system improvements including procedural steps, increased training, and enhanced documentation - assist with the execution of the recommendations.
- Conduct deep dive investigations to discover root cause of the issue to avoid future occurrences. Escalate issues to Engineering, Data Center, Quality departments through the established CAPA/CAR procedures. Utilize ACE methodologies
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ's resources on the Intranet/Ticketing system to assist with end users issues.
- Assist the team to meet cost delivery services metrics benchmarks consistently
- Develops and/or maintains standard trouble shooting documentation
- Facilitates responses to customer complaints and manages communications in response to confirmed field failures
- Assist with the development and testing of newly designed products for operational integrity and function.
- Conduct product training for Technical Service Representatives on a regular basis and assist them to initiate, design and manage effective support solutions as directed by our business needs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 4-years' experience working in a customer service/technical support field with direct customers.
- Creativity, problem-solving skills, strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of team.
- Proven capability to adapt personal style, project management approach and methodology to the needs and requirements of the company, customer and specific project.
- Ability to multitask, respond quickly, and follow established procedures.
- Must have strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take ownership of the assigned responsibilities and bring to completion with minimal direct supervision
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to learn and conduct electronic fault finding to component level
- Knowledge and experience using diagnostic test equipment such as Multi-meters and Oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of Local and Wide Area networking concepts, configurations, systems and TCP/IP protocol, SMTP, POP3, firewall and network security is essential.
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us.
Learn more at https://www.utc.com/en/Careers/career-paths/us-military