Transition Project Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Role Overview :
This position is an entry-level Project Engineering professional. Participates in engineering activities that further success of overall project objectives. Organizes data, and prepares, maintains and develops recommendations for plans and progress reports to monitor project progress. Escalates problems as needed and works to complete project tasks.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure that all action item lists are completed and project quality expectations are met.
• May estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete projects to ensure business targets are met.
• Gathers data to monitor projects' progress in terms of cost, schedule and technical specifications to facilitate operations and ensure that established objectives and budgets are achieved.
• Prepares plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to ensure that established targets are met.
• Escalates project problems and develops recommendations for solutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
• Responsible for project assignments with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
Candidates for this role should possess a theoretical knowledge, typically obtained through University Degree. This position r equires a Bachelor's Degree or three years of prior relevant experience.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Who We Are
From service to civilian, we’ve got your next mission. At United Technologies, we value your military experience and are committed to helping you find your next mission.
<div style="text-align: justify;">Together, we can innovate and create industry-defining products to move the world. Our engines and components power military and commercial jets. Our elevators and escalators move billions of people daily, and our climate, fire, and security products keep people safe and comfortable in buildings all over the world.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
UTC offers a wide range of unique opportunities for the military community. Whether you’re a veteran, transitioning from active duty to a civilian career, a reserve member or a military spouse, we value your skills and have positions available for you.
</div><div style="text-align: justify;">
Join the many people that already call UTC a great place to work. Grow your career and shape the future with us. </div>